At Advanced DataTools, our mission is to help our customers achieve
their goals, and we are proud to be celebrating over 25 years of
providing the best database design, consulting, and training services
The company was founded in 1993 by Lester Knutsen, who serves as
President and Principal Consultant. In 1995, Advanced DataTools
became a woman-owned business when Linda Knutsen joined the company
as Chairman and CEO.
After years of working with large-scale DoD databases, Advanced
DataTools staff have a deep knowledge of the nature of data, database
structures, and database security, and of how to store data in order
to ensure rapid and flexible retrieval, manipulation, and reporting.
We combine this expertise with a constant eye on the computer industry
to identify, test, and evaluate database tools and business-enhancing
software, as well as hardware platforms and utilities in order to
be able to consistently recommend the best suite of products to
ensure the delivery of a high-performance solution.
In addition to delivering superior database and data warehouse
applications, Advanced DataTools provides support for all aspects
of an application's life cycle, from planning and development to
performance tuning, maintenance, and training. Our “Performance
Tune-Up” service can improve the speed and functionality of
your existing database. Our customized, on-site training can give
your staff the specific skills they need to better manage and tune
your systems. We also offer public training in Hyperion Performance Suite (Brio), Informix, QIQ,
and other database topics to further the professional development
of the database community.
Our capabilities and experience include, but are not limited to:
- IBM Informix database performance tuning - "Performance Tune-Up and HealthCheck"
- 24x7 Informix Databbase Support and database administration services
- L3 Informix Databbase Support services
- Building customized web-enabled data warehouses and OLTP applications
- Development of high-volume financial reporting systems
- Data modeling and system architecture design
- Database design and development with relational database software
- Built-in redundancy, transaction processing checkpoint and restart, and database recovery
- Live tests and benchmarks using anticipated system workloads
- Database engine upgrades and storage array migration
- Development of geo-spatial database solutions
We are pleased and honored that most of our consulting projects
and training opportunities result from satisfied-customer referrals.
We also take pride in how many database systems developed and tuned
over the years are still in use as production systems, and in how
many customers continue to use our training materials.