Sorry, Downloads are temporary disabled!
This is a quick summary of how to set it up and what configuration changes
you will need to make to run the benchmark3 contest on your own. All
software is provided as is... no support guaranteed.
1. Set up the database
Smallbenchmarkdb.tar is a small unload of the database I would suggest
you use to make sure everything works. The full database is over
4GB in size and must be downloaded separately.
- Extract the database - tar xvf Smallbenchmark.tar
- dbimport benchmark
- Use the script base/sqlTableAlter.sql to change to row level locking
- Use the script base/sqlIndexCreates.sql to create indexes
2. Set up the tuning environment
- Tune your ONCONFIG files and dbspace locations
- The base directory contains the files we gave each participant to start
- The bin directory contains the scripts we used to setup each run before and after each run
- The docs directory contains the documentation
3. Set up the benchmark software
BenchmarkSQL is an easy to use JDBC benchmark that closely resembles the TPC-C
standard for OLTP. Databases supported include EnterpriseDB, PostgreSQL, Oracle,
Sybase, SQLSvr, MySQL, HsqlDB, Derby/JavaDB & FireBird. See Source Forge at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/benchmarksql/ for more information.
The Java code was converted to run with Informix by AGS, the folks that created ServerStudio - visit http://www.serverstudio.com
- The directory sqlbenchmark/run has everything you need to run the benchmark on a Unix system
- Edit the informix.properties files to configure it to use your informix server
- Execute runBenchmark.sh, this should then connect to Informix and run the benchmark
- Edit loadData.sh to generate more data or email me to download the full database
If you need an Informix system, I would suggest getting the Developers Edition of the Informix Virtual Appliance: